วันอังคารที่ 5 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2559

Week 1 Course introduction & Recount









Hello, I am finally back to write this block again. But now a study is A Discourse Approach in Reading. Wow!! So excited to start a new lesson. I'm still learning with the teacher, but the new study. The rule in the study were still the same. We talked about details of course syllabus. Now let see what I have learned today.









After that the teacher asked me to doing exercise. It is easy to me just found when?,who?,what?,where?,action verbs/past tense and specific participants.



exercise 1 : Our trip to the Blue Mountain


Our trip to the Blue Mountain
OrientationOn Friday we went to the Blue Mountains. We stayed at David and Della’s house. It has a big garden with lots of colourful flowers and a tennis court.
EventsOn Saturday we saw the Three Sisters and went on the scenic railway. It was scary. Then, Mummy and I went shopping with Della. We went to some antique shops and I tried on some old hats.
On Sunday we went on the Scenic Skyway and it rocked. We saw cockatoos having a shower.
ReorientationIn the afternoon we went home.







exercise 2 : My Grandpa’s Funeral in Toraja


My Grandpa’s Funeral in Toraja

Last month my family and I went to Toraja to attend Grandpa’s funeral. It was my first time to go to such a ceremony. We gathered there with our kin in the ceremony.
Overall, the ceremony was quite elaborate. It took about a week. Several days before the ceremony was done, grandpa’s body was kept in a series of houses arranged in a circular row around an open field called tongkonan. His corpse was dressed in a fine wearing.
The funeral was performed in two phases. First, we slaughtered the pigs and buffaloes, and then moved the corpse to face north. In this ceremony we wore black clothes. After that, the corpse was placed in a sandal wood coffin. Then, it was brought out of the house and placed on an open platform beneath the granary. Meanwhile, my uncle, my brother, and I prepared the wooden puppet and a funeral tower called lakian. The next phase of the ceremony was held in this place. The coffin is borne from the house and placed in the lakian. During the day, there were also buffalo matches. They were great matches. In the night, we were feasting, chanting, and dancing.
On the last day, the grandpa’s coffin were lowered from the funeral tower and brought up to the mountain side family graveyard. It was followed by great shouting and excitement from the relatives and the guests. Finally, we installed the wooden puppet on a high balcony where other puppets representing the members of a whole family were already there. The funeral ceremonies made my family and me tired. However, we were grateful because it ran smoothly.


Tongkonan







Wow!!! I'm so wonder about Tongkonan. It's look so weird. Finally, teacher asked me to do homework and don't laze.






Funeral difference between Indonesia and Thailand.


1. funeral in associates to join condolences to the departure of the body. Dress and speak to honor the funeral of the deceased and relatives of the deceased. But Indonesia is different from Thailand. Attendees will show the carnival. Fun to play Musical performances and music or showing revealing sexuality. Using profanity on the booze. I do not mourn or weep composed of deceased relatives.
2. Upon the death of Thailand has organized the funeral three days, seven days, held a prayer service at home or at a certain time. But in Indonesia, it is just like removing the bodies home. But the difference is that there is a morgue set up to 100 days.
3. Thailand when they held a funeral liturgy will be completed three days or seven days, I have to go to the temple and burned. Indonesia was a cremation ceremony sqm as well as faith.
4. At the funeral of the gamelan orchestra will have to feel sad shrill. But Indonesia is a drummer in a funeral hugely publicized and mysterious feel.







ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น